- Lung cancer is the number-one cancer killer in the U.S.
- Less than 4% of Federal cancer research is spent on lung cancer.
- Lung cancer claims approximately 160,000 lives per year.
- Lung cancer can afflict anyone regardless of smoking history, gender, or ethnicity.
- Lung cancer kills almost twice as many women as breast cancer, and more than twice as many men as prostate cancer.
- Lung cancer currently has no effective, widely used early detection test. Yet if found early, lung cancer can be treated.
- The five-year survival rate for lung cancer is currently under 15%.
LUNG CANCER RESOURCES
The mission of LUNGevity Foundation is to have a meaningful and immediate impact on improving lung cancer survival rates, ensure a higher quality of life for lung cancer patients, and provide a community for those impacted by lung cancer.
In order to accomplish our mission, LUNGevity funds the most promising research into the early detection and successful treatment of lung cancer. LUNGevity also supports the largest national grassroots lung cancer network, as well as the largest online support community for those affected by lung cancer.
LEADERS OF LUNG CANCER FREE WORLD
Leaders was created with one goal in mind: to elevate lung cancer to an issue of urgent national concern.